Apple has lately acquired a handful of patents from Lighthouse AI, a defunct house safety digicam firm. As reported by IAM, Apple purchased the patent portfolio someday late in 2018, however the particulars have been solely printed not too long ago within the U.S. Patent and Trademark database.
The patents in query (through Patently Apple) relate to expertise used for laptop-imaginative and prescient based mostly safety, visible authentication, and extra. In complete, Apple acquired eight patents and patent purposes from Lighthouse.
- S. Patent No. 9,396,400: “Pc-imaginative and prescient primarily based safety system utilizing a depth digital camera” (in addition to two accompanying pending purposes for comparable know-how)
- S. Patent No. 9,965,612: “Methodology and system for visible authentication”
- S. Patent No. 10,009,554: “Methodology and system for utilizing mild emission by a depth-sensing digicam to seize video photos below low-mild situations.”
- S. Patent Application: “Speech interference for imaginative and prescient-based mostly monitoring system”
- S. Patent Application: “Two-manner communication interface for imaginative and prescient-based mostly monitoring system”
- S. Patent Application: “Technique and system for incident sharing in a monitoring system”
Lighthouse AI formally shut down in December of final 12 months after it failed to realize industrial success. Lighthouse targeted on utilizing augmented actuality and 3D sensing to make it simpler for customers to know and kind by means of safety footage. The corporate’s concept was that utilizing AI would permit it to offer extra clever insights to customers by way of its iOS app.
Lighthouse CEO Alex Teichman published the next message to announce the corporate’s shutdown in December: